At Wilder Ones, we are committed to minimising our environmental impact and work to do so in the following ways:
- Our collections are made from sustainable fabrics including Better Cotton, biodegradable Lyocell, or sustainable (FSC certified) viscose. We believe the only way to start a clothing brand is by being part of the solution, not adding to the problem.
- Our clothes are made in a family-run factory in Portugal, which operates under ISO 9001 - an international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system used to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements, including the paying of living wage or higher to all staff, and no child labour.
- Our factory generate 70% of their own energy from solar panels onsite, use a combination of LED and natural lighting in the factory, and also have a fleet of electric vehicles.
- Our factory are part of the Better Cotton Initiative, which exists to make global cotton production better for farmers, better for the environment, and better for the sector's future.
- We minimise the amount of plastic we receive from our factory, and recycle everything we do receive with Terracycle
- Our clothes are sent out in beautiful, fully recyclable packaging, printed with soy-based inks.
- We have a zero landfill commitment meaning no clothes we make will ever end up in landfill. We make small runs of clothes so that all stock can be sold, or eventually donated to charities that operate in line with our ethics.